Vettumaran gulika is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form which is formulated based on Kerala Ayurvedic principles. It is used as a first aid medicine in the treatment of fever.
- Fever of all origin
- Abdominal colic pain
- Convulsion especially in Children due to fever
- Chicken-pox and Viral Infections
Carminative, Anti-pyretic, Anti-convulsive, Anti-emetic, Diuretic, and Analgesic.
1 tablet two times a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Anupana (Co- drink):
- In fever, it is administered along with fresh ginger juice
- In indigestion and bloating, it is administered along with Cumin seed decoction.
- In vomiting, it is given along with decoction of kacchura
- In absence of urination or difficulty in urination, it is given along with tender coconut water.
- In abdominal colic, it is given along with ajamoda arka(distilled portion of ajwain)
- In abdominal gaseous distension and tumour, it is given along with fresh garlic juice extract.
- Ponkaram – Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Muluga – Maricha – Black pepper ( Piper nigrum )
- Nabhi – Shuddha Vatsanabha Purified ( Aconitum ferox)
- Jatilinga – Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury compound)
- Ajamoda – Ajowan (fruit) ( Trachyspermum roxburghianum)
The above powder mixture is pounded along with fresh ginger juice extract (ardraka swarasa) and pills of the size of green gram are prepared and used.
Vettumaran Gulika works the best with :
- Amrutharishtam in fever
- Brihatyadi kashayam in urinary disorders
- Dasamoolajeerakarishtam in bloating and abdominal colic
- Vettumaran Gulika should not be taken without consulting with an ayurvedic physician
- This product contains heavy metal ingredients. Hence it should only be used after medical consultation.
- It is to be avoided in children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.
- Stick to the dosage prescribed by the doctor. Do not overdose.
- Take this product in specified dose for the specified time only.