Vaiswanaram Choornam is an ayurvedic medicine in powder form that is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, constipation, and diseases of digestive tract. In Sanskrit vaiswanara means “fire”. This medicine increases the digestive fire in our body and aids in good digestion. Since the choornam is effective in correcting the digestive fire (system) hence, the name Vaiswanara Choornam.
It acts as an appetizer and also improves the digestion and metabolism. It pacifies the vata and pitta dosha.
1 to 2 teaspoons, twice daily before or after food or as directed by physician.
Vaiswanara choornam can be taken with
Supernatant portion of curd (whey)
- Manimantha ( Saindhava lavana) – Rock salt
- Yamani ( Trachyspermum ammi)
- Ajamoda ( Trachyspermum roxburghianum)
- Nagara – Dry Ginger ( Zingiber officinalis)
- Haritaki ( Terminalia chebula )
Vaiswanara choornam works best with
Dhanwantharam gulika in abdominal pain
Amavatari kashayam in Amavata
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking vaiswanara choornam:
- Take easily digestible and wholesome diet.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- A high dosage may cause stomach irritation and gastritis.
- Over dosage may lead to diarrhea.
- Person with hypertension should approach a doctor before taking this medicine as it contains salt.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.