Thaleesapathradi choornam is an ayurvedic medicine in a powder form. It is also known by the name Thalisadi choornam and is used in the treatment of respiratory and digestive conditions.
- Pain in the chest and flanks
- Diseases of the spleen
- Used to treat complications due to alcoholism
The main action is on the respiratory system but also acts as an appetizer and also improves the digestion and metabolism. It is an excellent expectorant and hence useful in productive cough. It pacifies the kapha and vata dosha.
5 to 10gms per day or as instructed by the physician.
According to the condition of the disease, it can be given with :
Best method to take thaleesapathradi choornam is mixing 2 tsp of choornam with honey and licking this mixture little by little throughout the day. This methods is very efficient in relieving congestion of the chest.
- Talisa ( Abies webbiana)
- Maricha ( Piper nigrum)
- Shunti ( Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali ( Piper longum)
- Vamshalochana ( Bambusa bambos)
- Ela ( Elatteria cardamom)
- Twak – ( Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Sharkara ( Sugar)
Thaleesapathradi choornam works best with:
- Dasamoolakaduthrayam kashayam for Bronchitis, cough
- Agasthya Rasayanam for Asthma
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Thaleesapatradi choornam:
- Take easily digestible and wholesome diet.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- A high dosage may cause stomach irritation and gastritis.
- This medicine can be safely administered during lactation.
- Seek doctor’s advise before taking this medicine when you are pregnant.
- In lower doses it is beneficial in children.
- Diabetics should take this medicine with caution as it contains sugar in it.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.