Shaddaranam choornam is an ayurvedic medicine in powder form. It contains six ingredients and hence the name. It is a very special combination among all ayurvedic powders because it combats a rare pathology of vata called as amashayagata vata.
- Skin diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Stiffness of the thighs
- Irritable bowel syndrome
It acts as an appetizer and also improves the digestion and metabolism. It pacifies the kapha and vata dosha.
½ to 1 teaspoon, twice daily before or after food as directed by physician.
Gomutra (cow’s urine)
- Chitraka ( Plumbago zeylanica)
- Indrayava ( Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Patha ( Cyclea peltata)
- Katuka ( Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Ativisha ( Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Abhaya ( Terminalia chebula)
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Shaddharana choornam:
- Take easily digestible and wholesome diet.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- A high dosage may causestomach irritation and gastritis.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.