Pushyanuga Choornam is a famous Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for bleeding disorders. The name pushyanuga is significant because the text mentions to collect the ingredients on the day when pushya nakshatra is seen.
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Bleeding piles
- Bleeding disorders
- Diarrhea/ dysentery
- IBS -D
- Excessive menstrual bleeding of various aetiology
- Excessive menstrual bleeding phase of PCOS
Pushyanuga choornam is known to pacify the vata, pitta and kapha doshas, causes constriction of the channels thereby reducing the excessive flow of blood or other water elements. It has remarkable effects on the reproductive system.
5-10 grams per day, once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your doctor
Pushyanuga choornam is taken along with honey and rice washed water.
- Patha – Cyclea peltata
- Jambu-bija majja – Eugenia jambolana
- Amra- bija majja – Mango seed
- Shilabheda (Pasanabheda) – Aerua lanata
- Rasanjana ( Daruharidra ) – Berberis aristata
- Ambasthaki – Cissampelos pareira
- Mocharasa (Shalmali) – Salmalia malabarica
- Samanga (lajjalu) – Mimosa pudica
- Padma kesara (Kamala) – Nelumbo nucifera
- Vahlika (Kumkuma) – Crocus sativus
- Ativisa – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Gairika – Red Ochre
- Katphala – Myrica nagi
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Mrdvika (Draksha) – Raisins – Vitis vinifera
- Rakta candana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Katvanga (Araluka) – Oroxylum indicum
- Vatsaka (Kutaja) – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Anantha (Shwetasariva) – Hemidesmus indicus
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa
- Madhuka (Yasti) – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Arjuna – Terminalia arjuna
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Pushyanuga choornam:
- Take wholesome diet which is easy to digest.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- Avoid travelling and excessive physical exertion.
Pushyanuga choornam works the best with :
Musalikhadiradi kashayam for leucorrhea and excessive bleeding.
- Over use of this medicine for a very long period of time may result in irregular menstruations.
- It is best to take this medicine during the period of excessive discharge and during menorrhagia.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.