Punarnavadi kashayam is an ayurvedic decoction in a liquid form. It is also known as Punarnavashtaka kashayam with a slight variation.
- Oedema associated with anemia
- Oedema associated with liver disorders
- Urinary tract infections
- Obstructive urinary disorders
- Oedema during pregnancy
- Chronic simple glaucoma
Punarnava is an excellent diuretic and is rich in potassium. Some doctors use this medicine as natural diuretic even in cases of severe hypertension.
10- 15ml of kashayam + 60 ml of warm water one hour before food, twice daily or as prescribed by the doctor.
Punarnavadi kashayam can be taken with:
Punarnava ( Boerhaavia diffusa)
Pichumarda – Neem ( Azadirachta indica)
Patola ( Trichosanthes dioica)
Nagara – Shunti ( Zingiber officinale)
Kantakari ( Solanum xanthocarpum)
Guduchi ( Tinospora cordifolia)
Nisha ( Berberis aristata)
Pathya- Hareetaki ( Terminalia chebula)
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes, because this medicine may lower the blood sugar levels.
- It is better to avoid this medicine in people suffering from uraemia and hyperkalaemia or renal failure.
CHANDRAPRABHA GULIKA TABLET
CHANDRAPRABHA GULIKA TABLET, also called as Chandraprabha vati or Chandraprabha vatika is a tablet which is used in ayurveda for treating various diseases including diabetes, Urinary tract infections etc. Chandra refers to moon and prabha means the light/aura this tablet is as calming and effective as the aura of moon due to the rejuvenative effect on the body.
- Urinary tract disorders
- Dysuria - difficulty to pass urine
- Urinary obstruction
- Urinary calculi
- Bloating or gaseous distension of abdomen
- Abdominal colic
- Anemia, initial stages of liver disorders
- Liver cirrhosis
- Low back ache
- Asthma, respiratory disorders involving difficulty in breathing
- Skin diseasesincluding pruritis
- Splenomegaly /enlarged spleen
- Fistula in ano
- Teeth disorders
- Eye disorders
- Painful periods
- Semen or sperm anomalies
- Low digestion strength
- Anorexia or lack of interest in food
In general practice, this medicine is also given in the following conditions:
- Premature ejaculation
- Nightfall problemin men
- prostate enlargement (BPH)
- High serum creatinine
- Prostatitis, prostate inflammation and infection.
It is called as “sarva roga pranashini” which means it has the ability to cure all the diseases.
It is tridosha hara – which means it pacifies all the three doshas.
It is a rejuvenative, acts as anti aging drug and is an aphrodisiac.
(500 mg tablet) :1 or 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Anupana (co – drink):
- Warm water
- Any suitable kashayam
The best method of taking this tablet is to pound it and then mix with suitable kashayam according to the disease condition.
- Chandraprabha – Karpura – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – The Creat (whole plant) – Andrographis paniculata
- Amruta – Indian Tinospora (stem) – Tinospora cordifolia
- Daruka – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Haridra – Turmeric rhizome – Curcuma longa
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Darvi – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – Piper longum
- Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
- Chavya – Java Long Pepper – Piper chaba
- Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Makshika Dhatu Bhasma – Purified Copper Iron Sulphate
- Yava Kshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare
- Swarjika Kshara
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Vamshalochana – Bambusa bambos
- Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma
- Sita – Sugar
- Shilajatu – Asphaltum
- Guggulu – Indian bedelium – Commiphora mukul
- Chandraprabha Vati Gulika is possibly safe and well-tolerated in most of the patients.
- It is not advisable to be taken during pregnancy
- Lactating mothers can take this medicine without any possible side effects.