Karpooradi choornam is an ayurvedic medicine in powder form. It is mainly used in the treatment of respiratory diseases. It pacifies the vata and kapha dosha.
- Chronic productive cough
- Debility due to coughing
- Hoarseness of the voice
- Respiratory infections
- Pulmonary congestion
It is a very effective drug to reduce the aggravated vata and kapha in the respiratory tract. A very good expectorant.
1-3 gm per day or as directed by the ayurvedic physician
This medicine has be taken with warm water mixed with sugar, honey or any other kashayam according to the instructions of the ayurvedic physician.
- Karpoora – Camphor ( Cinnamomum camphora )
- Chocha – Twak ( Cinnamomum tamala)
- Takkola (Illicium verum / Dalbergia lanceolaria)
- Jatiphala ( Myristica fragrans)
- Jatidala – (Myristica fragrans) (fruit)
- Lavanga – clove
- Nagakeshara ( Mesua ferrea)
- Maricha ( Piper nigrum)
- Krishna (Pippali) – ( Piper longum)
- Shunti – Ginger ( Zingiber officinale)
- Sita – sugar
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Karpooradi choornam :
- Take a Vegetable soups mixed with pepper, dry ginger etc to promote the expulsion of phlegm.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- Avoid taking head bath in the evening hours,
Karpooradi choornam works the best with :
- kanakasavam in productive cough.
This medicine may not be taken in following cases:
- Person suffering from gastritis
- Person suffering from bleeding disorder
- In children under 5 years of age
- A high dosage may causestomach irritation and gastritis.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.