DHANWANTHARI GULIKA TABLET also known as Dhanwantharam gulika is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It serves as a first aid in the treatment of indigestion.
- Respiratory disorders involving difficulty in breathing
- Chronic respiratory disorders
- Increase in Kapha Dosha
- Restores normal pathway of Vata Dosha (useful in bloating, vomiting).
It acts mainly on the vata dosha. Causes vatanulomana – restores normal pathway of vata
1 or 2 pills can be chewed or taken with any adjuvant.
Anupana (co – drink):
- Warm water
- Jeera water
- Any suitable kashayam or arishtam
The ingredients are taken in equal quantities and pounded with decoction of Cumin (Jeeraka Kashaya) and sandalwood decoction (Himambhasa – Chandana kashaya) and Pills are prepared.
Dhanwantharam Gulika works the best with :
- Dasamoolajeerakarishtam in indigestion
- Kanakasavam in breathing difficulty.
- Dhanwantaram Gulika is possibly safe and well-tolerated in most of the patients.
- It is the best medicine a pregnant woman can take as it facilitates the normal movement of vata and helps in normal delivery.
- Lactating mothers can take this medicine without any possible side effects.
- It can be taken by anyone who has digestive issues for a period of 2 – 3 months time, with gradual decrease in dose.