Anudina-everyday; Swarnaprashana-Intake of gold bhasma)
Ayurveda, being a life science, emphasizes a great deal upon prevention from diseases and protection of health. One such powerful method to improve immunity in children is ‘Swarnaprashana’. It is known by other names like, Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna prashana, Swarna prashan, Swarn prashan, Swarna bindu prashana or Suvarna prashan.
In today’s world of pollution, adulterated and chemically treated food and drinks, stressful lifestyle, electronic distractions, erratic climate changes, it is very important for parents to focus on improving immunity in children to help them to grow up into strong, healthy and intelligent individuals. Swarnaprashana is one such method, mentioned in the classics, which imparts health and intelligence naturally.
WHAT IS SWARNAPRASHANA?
Swarnaprashana translates to ‘intake of Swarna/Gold bhasma’. It is one of the ‘Shodasha Samskaras’ (the 16 rites of passage of a human being from conception to cremation, signifying milestones in an individual's journey of life). It is a natural, time tested method to improve overall health of children practiced for more than 1000s of years.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA MENTIONED IN THE CLASSICS?
The benefits of administering small quantities of Swarna bhasma are
Medha Vardhana – improvement in intelligence
Agni Vardhana – improvement in digestion
Bala Vardhana – improvement in strength and immunity
Ayushya Vardhana – Improvement in life expectancy
Mangala, Punya – Auspicious
Vrushya – Aphrodisiac
Grahapaha – protects from bad effects from planets
By administering Swarna for a month’s time after birth, child becomes super-intelligent.
By administering for up to six months, person becomes Shruta Dhara – can remember whatever the child hears.
WHAT IS THE AGE RECOMMENDED FOR ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA?
The classics recommend Swarnaprashana from the time of birth to 16 years (0-16 years). According to Kashyapa Samhitha , it is most beneficial when given very day.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GIVE ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA TO CHILDREN?
The best way to make Swarnaprashana is to process the swarna bhasma with other herbs. Since it is in dry/powder form, it is easy to ensure exact dosage of the Gold bhasma and other herbs. The herbs added are carefully chosen and curated to maximize the benefits of Swarnaprshana. Brain tonics like Brahmi, Shankapushpi, digestives like Trikatu, immunomodulators like Guduchi, Amalaki and other herbs are added. The specific age appropriate dosage of the powder can be mixed with honey, just before administering to the child. We, at Shreshtha, have been making Anudina Swarnaprashana in powder form, from 1997. Thousands of parents, in India and overseas have found it beneficial for their children and also convenient because they can carry it with them easily and administer the dosage themselves.
WHY IS SWARNAPRASHANA GIVEN ON PUSHYA NAKSHATRA DAY BY SOME AYURVEDIC DOCTORS?
Nowhere in the classics, there is a specific mention of Pushya Nakshatra day for Swarnaprashana. Pushya nakshatra day (which arrives approximately once in 28days) is considered a good day to administer Swarnaprashana by some Ayurvedic physicians. But, for the purpose of improving immunity and to get full benefits of Swarnaprashana, it is important to be given every day.
Ayurvedic doctors/companies are mixing the Swarna bhasma with Brahmi Ghritha (as it a good brain tonic) and honey and administering it as drops from a dropper. Though it makes sense to add a brain tonic, it poses some practical problems
- The gold bhasma particles tend to be heavy and settle at the bottom.
- The contents of the dropper have to be shaken thoroughly every time to ensure proper dosage. Even then, there is no exact way to measure how much gold bhasma is being given to each child.
- The Brahmi ghritha tends to solidify in winter and has to be melted before giving the drops, which again makes it very difficult to measure the dosage of Gold Bhasma.
- The medicated ghee preparations mostly have an expiry period of not more than 6 months , whereas the gold bhasma has no expiry period
- Anything mixed with honey has to be thoroughly mixed and consumed immediately. Otherwise, due to the density of honey, the gold bhasma particles tend to settle at the bottom. Once settled, it is difficult to mix it evenly.
- Since Swarnaprashana is effective only when given regularly, it becomes important for the parents to take their children to the clinics on the Pushya Nakshatra day. This may sometimes prove difficult, due to school timings and busy schedule of parents and may end in discontinuation/irregularity of Swarnaprashana.
WHAT DOES ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA CONTAIN?
Anudina Swarnaprashana contains Swarna Bhasma (Gold Bhasma), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Trikatu (Pippali, Pepper & Ginger), Aragwadha (Cassia fistula), Shankhapushpi(Convolvulus pluricaulis), Yastimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Tulasi (Ocimum sanctum), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) and Amalaki (Emblica officinalis).
It is important to remember that Swarna bhasma is processed in various ways to ensure efficacy and safety. Anudina Swarnaprashana uses ‘Rasamaaritha Swarna bhasma’ which is the best processed Gold bhasma and known for its efficacy (has more than 94% of Gold) and unmatched safety. The Gold bhasma and other herbs are measured precisely and processed to form Anudina Swarnaprashana powder which is easily absorbable and highly potent.
HOW TO GIVE ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA TO CHILDREN?
It is ideal to administer early in the morning on empty stomach. But, since the ingredients are processed to make it highly absorbable and bio available, it can be given in the later part of the day too.
Directions of use: Use the measuring scoop provided to measure the dosage. Choose the age appropriate- right dosage according to the table below.
- Can be given even when the child is taking any other medicine. No adverse drug reaction is noted.
- Can be started at any age
- Though, giving regularly is beneficial, it does not cause any problems if some doses are missed or discontinued.
Dosage according to age:
half scoop with mother’s milk/ cow’s milk with powdered sugar (sugar is optional)
1 scoop with half tsp of honey
1.5 scoops with 1 tsp of honey
2 scoops with 2 tsp of honey
WHAT IS THE EXPIRY DATE FOR ANUDINA SWARNAPRSHANA?
To ensure quality, Anudina Swarnaprashana is made in small batches. This helps us to avoid efficacy and safety issues, which is common when made in large batches and stored for a long time. Each container has an expiry period of 24 months.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ANUDINA SWARNAPRASHANA?
Anudina Swarnaprashana is formulated by renowned Ayurvedic Physician, Dr.Santosh of Shreshtha Ayurvedic Center according to the guidelines in the Ayurvedic classics. Each batch is personally supervised by the doctor and packed by his team.
- Excellent immunity booster for all children from 0-16 years of age
- Improves immunity and prevents recurrent cold, cough and fever
- Improves intelligence, memory, and oratory skills
- Enhances focus, attention span, and retention and recall capacity of the mind
- Improves complexion and imparts healthy glow
- Improves appetite and digestion in children with poor eating habits
- Very useful in prevention of bacterial and viral infections
- Very useful to improve memory, focus, attention span, in children with learning difficulties, delayed milestones, temper tantrums, agitation, ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism
DOES SWARNAPRASHANA HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
No side effects have been reported.
THERE ARE SOME SAFETY ISSUES RAISED ABOUT THE USE OF METALS IN AYURVEDIC MEDICINE. IS IT SAFE TO GIVE GOLD BHASMA TO MY CHILD
Packing Size : 10gms