Bad breath and body odour are things people worry about. When I eat a diet with raw onions in the morning I can’t to go to office without chewing some mint. If I don’t have mint, I avoid anything that may cause the foul smell.
Mouth odour is often found in people who practice poor dental hygiene. Bad breath can also be a result of medical conditions like dry mouth, periodontal disease, respiratory tract infection, chronic bronchitis, kidney or liver disease, digestive problems, duodenal ulcers, post nasal drip, uncontrolled blood sugars, etc. Yet, some food types may also cause embarrassing mouth odours which you may not realise.
Allow me to list a few things that may help to prevent bad breath or Halitosis.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss once and use a tongue scraper! Flossing would take care of the bacteria while cleaning the tongue would get rid of the dead cells too. Be gentle while cleaning the tongue and you can also use a soft brush instead of a tongue cleaner. Feel free to use toothpicks after eating meat, but gently.
- Wash your mouth after you eat than just wiping your lips with a tissue paper.
- Have less of coffee, alcohol, sugar and fried and spicy foods.
- Eat some crunchy foods instead to help yourself. Chewy fibrous foods remove bacteria and plaque from your dentals.
- Bad breath is also a signal given by your stomach to indicate digestive complaints, constipation and bowel disorders. Look for intestinal parasites and treat your stomach first!
- Alcohol can can cause digestive troubles or dry mouth leading to Halitosis.
- Lactose intolerant people are found to have mouth odor. If you can’t tolerate milk products take their substitutes.
- Do you have dental complaint? If you take care of your gums you can prevent bad breath too.
- Do you have tonsils or sinus? Bacteria in the throat can not only cause you discomfort it may embarrass you in the public as well.
- Do not diet if you have bad breath.
- Do not let yourself get dehydrated.
- De-stress yourself everyday!
- Finally, use a mouthwash that contains essential oils like tea tree oil,peppermint oil and lemon oil. If your mouthwash contains alcohol discard it.
Herbal remedies which you can try at home can relive a lot of your distress.
Additional Reading: Halitosis or Bad Breath - An Overview How to Get Rid of Bad Breath with Home Remedies Home Remedies for Dry Mouth How to Keep Your Mouth Healthy the Ayurvedic Way
- Make a tea with fenugreek seeds. Simmer one spoon full of fenugreek seeds in half a liter water.
- Enjoy the juice of raw vegetables and fruits.
- To clear your intestinal problems have avocados.
- To fix your gums, eat guavas.
- Boil some springs of parsley for a gargle.
- Rosemary, spearmint and tarragon can be chewed as well.
- Take a herbal remedy to detoxmaintain the natural system cleansing and to promote a healthy, fresh mouth, throat and digestive tract.