There have been plenty of new-age beauty brands promising you the world, but here are very simple, elementary ancient rituals that Indian queens used to follow :
Additional Reading: Natural Face Pack for Radiant Skin Aging Skin - An Overview
- Use a face scrub from milk mixed with crushed almond, crushed walnut kernels, and bengal gram powder. Suggested Use : 2-3 times a week.
- A natural body lotion made from rose water, glycerine and lime juice is very good. Apply it all over your body to hydrate it.
- Mix Sugar granules, honey and orange rind and it will give you a natural homemade body-scrub to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Fresh Cream mixed with lemon-juice and honey can be used as a face pack (15 mins). Cream is very good to moisturise the skin.
- Massage your whole body with olive oil mixed with aloe-vera gel (Ghrit Kumari)
- To relieve a sunburn – use a face-mask by applying Plain Yoghurt (Curd). It will soothe and repair the skin.
- Rub the skin of the Papaya , OR the orange pulp on your face. It maintains the pH balance. Cucumber Slices also work wonders for your eyes.
- Simple Rose water – when sprayed over your face, gives you an instant refreshing feeling.
- Lastly, to give yourself a dose of antioxidants and vitamins, do not touch those pills – Instead, try a glass of mix-fruit smoothie.