Ringworm is a skin-infection caused by fungi. Today, we describe the ayurvedic way to treat ringworm using common ingredients found at home. Garlic is the principal remedy here.
- Early morning, when you rise, take half tsp. of Sea-salt with a glass of warm water.
- After about half an hour, take a metal tumbler, or a bowl and crush a fresh garlic-pod in it. Add 50 ml of fresh unsalted, plain Yoghurt (curd/dahi) and half tsp. of turmeric powder in it. Churn it well and drink it. Please do not eat anything for next 60 mins.
- Drink the same Yoghurt mixture in step 2 in the evening at sunset, leaving a teaspoon of this potion for local application on the affected area (where you have the ringworm)
- Every 2 days, add 1 more garlic pod to the mixture, i.e. from the 3rd day, take 2 pods of garlic in 50 ml of Yoghurt, from 5th day, take 3 garlic pods and so on…
- While sea-salt, garlic and turmeric kill the yeast, fungi and other intestinal bacteria, yoghurt helps to replenish the friendly bacteria and aids in digestion.
- You can also apply lemon juice and apple cider vinegar topically on the ringworm if you can bear the stinging. Tea-tree oil would also help. Honey, applied locally and taken internally would also help.
Treat ring worm with these easy home remedies and let us know in the comments if this worked for you. Additional Reading: Home Remedies for Ring Worm - Med India. net Medline Plus USA on Garlic Natural and Herbal Remedies for Ringworm